The Executive Committee of Division 45 has developed the HOPE Fund to provide financial support to Division 45 student members experiencing hardships related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Of all the segments of our Division 45 community, the leadership of the Division recognizes that students are facing some of the hardest financial challenges due to the pandemic. Therefore, it is our collective hope that these funds – which do not require repayment – can provide some measure of financial relief and serve as a tangible act of support for our student members.
Who Is Eligible?
- A current or past Division 45 student member (e.g., undergraduate, graduate or intern) and/or have an advisor who is a Division 45 member
- Has not received a prior HOPE award
- Priority given to undocumented and/or international students due to their ineligibility for federal support
How Do I Apply?
- Please submit a brief 1-page application here
- Information will include:
- Name and contact information
- University or institutional affiliation
- Advisor and advisor contact information
- Amount Requested with itemized budget (not to exceed $500)
- Brief statement of need (1 paragraph)
- Brief statement of proposed use of funds (1 paragraph)
- Funds can be used for educational expenses, basic needs (rent, food, gas, etc.), and health expenses
- Requests should not exceed $500 unless exceptional need is demonstrated
- Request for a specific dollar amount does not guarantee that amount will be granted
- The HOPE Fund is a grant and recipients are not required to pay back the awarded funds.
What’s the Deadline?
- Applications accepted starting July 1, 2020. Acceptances will be processed on a rolling basis pending availability of funds
- After you apply, you will receive notification of your award via email
- You will be provided information about the logistics of receiving the funds
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the members of the HOPE Fund Committee: Alvin Alvarez (email@example.com), Art Blume (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lamise Shawahin (email@example.com).