Psi Alpha Omega membership benefits:
- National Academic recognition for students of color
- National Academic recognition for all students interested in ethnic and cultural issues in psychology
- Mentorship opportunities with psychology professionals in the field of psychology
- Competitive funding opportunities to present at professional psychological conventions for our student members
- Competitive funding opportunities to attend professional psychological conventions for our student members
- Competitive funding opportunities for research in the area of ethnicity and race for our student members
- Help in identifying undergraduate and graduate programs which are interested in students of color and students interested in the study of ethnicity and culture
- Help in identifying funding for students of color and students interested in the study of ethnicity and culture
- Full Members: Students in community college, undergraduate institutions, and graduate institutions who are ethnic minority or who have an interest in ethnic and cultural issues.
- Student members must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 at the time of registration.
- Student members must have earned a “B” average in psychology courses.
- Student members must have completed at least an introductory level psychology course and completed 12 semester hours, or 15 quarter hours of total course work.
- High school students will be considered for Associate Membership and must show an interest in psychology have an interest in ethnicity or cultural issues. High school students will not be eligible for monetary benefits. Once they enroll in college, they will be able to join PAO as a Full Member by fulfilling the college requirements and paying only an additional $7.50 ($20.00 total) membership fee. At that time they will be able to apply for monetary benefits.
- Members should hold themselves to high standards of personal behavior and integrity.
- To be considered for Full Membership, students must provide a signature from a faculty member at their current institution which attests to 1-5 above.
The cost of a life-time membership is $12.50 for high school members and
$20.00 for all other membership categories.
Psi Alpha Omega Application Form
Please send this form along with your check or money order (no cash) made payable to Psi Alpha Omega to:
Psi Alpha Omega
Desa Karye Daniel
1215 Laramie St. #215
Manhattan, KS 66502
For more information, contact: