The Leadership Development Institute (LDI) for the Council of National Psychological Associations for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Interests (CNPAAEMI), invites you to apply to become the Division 45 CNPAAEMI Leadership Fellow for 2020-2021!
A. OVERVIEW OF THE LDI PROGRAM
We invite racial and ethnic minority mental health professionals – educators, scholars, and practitioners – who are committed to leadership in a national ethnic minority psychological association to apply for the LDI. The LDI is a year-long experience designed for emerging leaders who have a history of demonstrated service and leadership experience in their respective associations and are seeking to deepen their leadership skills and training with colleagues and mentors from all the national ethnic minority psychological associations. Moreover, the LDI strives to prepare individuals with the requisite leadership skills, organizational insights and professional networks that will enable them to seek progressively complex positions of leadership within their respective associations.
B. BENEFITS FOR FELLOWS
- Work closely with the President of Division 45 and gain a greater understanding of the inner workings and processes of Division 45
- Develop a Project with the President that directly supports the mission and goals of Division 45
- Have contact with Presidents of the Ethnic Psychological Associations – Asian American Psychological Association, National Latinx Psychological Association, Society of Indian Psychologists, the Society for the Psychological Study of Culture, Ethnicity and Race – Division 45 and the Society of Counseling Psychology – Division 17
- Receive small-group trainings with established leaders in the field
- Participate in multiracial/multiethnic coalition building, promoting inter-organizational collaborations across ethnic psychological leadership
- Receive coaching and mentoring opportunities to nurture your ongoing leadership development with Division 45 and beyond
- Develop culturally grounded leadership skills
- Gain organizational insights and build professional networks in order to seek progressively complex positions of leadership
- Attend leadership retreat in San Jose, CA from April 24-26, 2020
- Attend two monthly meetings through May 2021: a) Fellows Cohort and b) LDI Training Meetings
- Co-construct Fellows Leadership project
- Participate in
Presidential Residency with Division 45 leadership
- Shadow the president at all appropriate Division 45 functions and meetings
- Develop and/or lead a presidential project or initiative that benefits Division 45
D. ABOUT THE LDI
The Council of National Psychological Associations for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Interests (CNPAAEMI) is sponsoring a yearlong, interorganizational Leadership Development Institute in collaboration with the Society of Counseling Psychology (Division 17 of the American Psychological Association). CNPAAEMI consists of the following national associations: Asian American Psychological Association, Association of Black Psychologists, National Latina/o Psychological Association, Society of Indian Psychologists, and the Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues – Division 45 of the American Psychological Association (APA). The LDI is funded by the CNPAAEMI organizations, Division 17 and APA’s Commission on Ethnic Minority Recruitment, Retention, and Training in Psychology. One Leadership Fellow will be selected from each of these six national associations to create a Fellows cohort and I would encourage you to apply as the Division 45 Leadership Fellow! Unfortunately, this is not for students, but it is also NOT LIMITED to Early Career persons. We want those who are emerging leaders at any level to participate by learning and/or sharing your knowledge and experience!
E. OUR ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS
The CNPAAEMI Leadership Development Institute (LDI) aims to: (a) Create a mechanism for identifying and/or attracting racially and ethnically diverse psychologists and mental health professionals to become active participants in CNPAAEMI and its respective organizations; (b) Foster and support culturally grounded leadership skills among psychologists and mental health professionals that are transferable to multiple settings (e.g., families, work settings, professional organizations, neighborhoods communities, etc.); (c) Establish networking and sustainable coaching and mentoring opportunities to nurture ongoing leadership development; (e) Develop a model of multiracial and multiethnic coalition building to promote inter-organizational collaborations.
F. APPLICATION PROCESS: DUE Monday February 24, 2020
To Apply Click Here: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/ofEdGfrW6b05nJ77p6Iw
- Fill out the online application form
- Provide your CV
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- Applicants must be able to attend the leadership retreat in San Jose, CA from April 24-26, 2020 and participate in all biweekly schedule Fellows’ meetings through May 2021
G. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For more information about the Leadership Development Institute (LDI) for the Council of National Psychological Associations for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Interests (CNPAAEMI), visit this website https://www.cnpaaemildi.org/home.html. You may also contact Division 45’s Representative for the LDI, Jasmin Llamas at firstname.lastname@example.org